Dental Assistants are the direct support system of dentists and hygienists and are crucial to the success of a dental practice. Dental Assistants are responsible for things like welcoming and seating patients, taking impressions, sterilizing instruments, taking x-rays, passing instruments to the dentist, preparing the operatory, updating patient records, checking patient vital signs, instructing patients on proper oral hygiene, and scheduling patient appointments. A Dental Assistant will spend much of their day working closely with patients and dentists to ensure all appointments are running smoothly and on-time.
This varies city by city. In more populated areas, you could expect to start earning $18 to $25 per hour right out of school. The national average for all Dental Assistants is about $43,000 per year or about $21 per hour. However, due to the high demand of Dental Assistants you could easily make $50,000 – $60,000 per year depending on your location and years of experience.
As soon as you want to! Many students schedule interviews as they’re finishing the program, while others are more comfortable waiting until after they’ve completed the last class. Unity’s job placement support is your best tool and can open doors of opportunity that you won’t find with other schools. The bottom line is – we care! And we’re here to encourage, help, and support you during this exciting time as you start your new career as a Dental Assistant!
Unity’s hybrid Dental Assisting program is designed to be flexible and convenient, easily fitting into your busy schedule and life responsibilities. Our program is broken into two parts:
- Online Classes: First, you’ll complete the online classes whenever and wherever you want! You’re in the driver’s seat as you complete each module at your own pace. All online coursework must be completed first before being eligible for Hands-On Training.
- Hands-On Training: Next, you will be trained through hands-on clinics in a real dental practice with real dental materials and technologies taught by real Dental Assistants! This reinforces your understanding of everything that was learned during the online classes. Hands-on training is taught by our highly qualified and seasoned instructors who’ve enjoyed successful careers as Dental Assistants.
We give all our students the option to retake quizzes and tests as many times as they want to, which reinforces concepts, improves grades, and aids in studying for the final exam. Our custom curriculum and online student portal gives you access to a total of 12 modules, each divided into sections containing lecture slides, quizzes, and tests. The modules include clinical instruction video guides and voiceover content, giving each student an individualized and personalized educational experience as if one of our Dental Assisting Instructors were right there with you!
Absolutely. In fact, 99% of all students who apply are approved! We have solutions to fit nearly every type of economic lifestyle. We’re sensitive to the fact that everyone’s financial situation is different. That’s why we offer a variety of flexible and customizable tuition financing options, including no money down to start, deferred tuition payments, and low monthly fees. Now you can finally start your new career without breaking the bank! At a glance, here are a few different options:
- Get up to $300 off when you pay for tuition in full!
Best suited for those who want to take advantage of our limited time only special discount. Call or text us for more details.
- Deferred monthly payments (our most popular option!)
Our “Learn Now, Pay Later” option, this is best suited for those who are needing to start a new career while deferring all tuition payments. Low credit? No credit? No problem! 99% of students are approved and no money is required to join the program.
- Customizable weekly or monthly payments
Best suited for those who are looking to avoid student loan interest and fees, while paying off their education in a short amount of time! This option requires a down payment and can be structured with weekly or monthly payments. Want to pay in full? Save $250 when you pay for the entire program up front!
Yes, our Dental Assisting program covers all the pertinent material that you’ll need to to pass the X-ray, or Radiation Health and Safety (RHS), exam and Coronal Polishing exam. We will spend time going over study material to help you build the knowledge and confidence to pass these tests.
Note: We find that most dentists do not require their Dental Assistants to be certified in coronal polishing. While it is an added bonus, you likely won’t perform coronal polishing as it is typically the responsibility of the Dental Hygienist. Unity recommends focusing on passing the X-ray exam, as this is a more valuable certification to all dentists and will help set you apart from the other Dental Assisting candidates.
The admissions process into Unity’s Dental Assistant training program is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and can be completed right here on our website in a matter of minutes! Your new career is just clicks away. Here are the steps to get started:
- Step 1: Click HERE to submit your enrollment application.
- Step 2: Follow the prompts and pick from a variety of payment options based on your economic situation. We have financial assistance to fit every type of student, ensuring your education is affordable and cost effective!
- Step 3: Create your account and login to get started with your online learning!
Learn More About Our Program
- Class Schedules
- Current Tuition & Costs
- Financial Assistance
- Low Tuition (so everyone can afford it)
Hurry! Classes start soon and are filling up quickly.
Seats are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Act fast before yours is taken!